Tuesday, February 22, 2005

 

Of Bice and Men

Okay, I stole the title, but I couldn't help myself. I watched American Idol last night with my friend Mary. Robert brought us cheese and garlic pizza from the best place in town and then vanished, he doesn't care for AI. Mary and I enjoyed mostly the same people and mostly disliked the same people. What we disagreed about was .... Constantine vs. Bice.

Now, I'm not disliking Constantine. But my preference in all categories is Bo Bice. As for David Brown and Anwar, we agree that they are wonderful as well.

I was bored by the first few performances. Then Bo came on singing "Drift Away". He flat out nailed it in my opinion. Mary is by far the better versed in singing and musical knowledge, but I disagree with her placement of Constantine over Bice. Then Anwar came on. He sang the first few lines of "Moon River" and I thought, what?????? I mean, what are you doing???? Then he rolled right into it and gave it a blues slant that just .... rocked.

So far, Anwar and Bo Bice are my two favorites.

I like Ozzie Smith the baseball player, but his son, "Nikko" just didn't get it across last night. I hope he's not eliminated on Wednesday though. I'd like to see him "hit it out of the park" if you will forgive the bad joke.

Anyway, I've got to run. American Idol is on again tonight and I may be picking up Mary to watch it at my house tonight. But when I called her she didn't sound like she felt that well. I'm going over to check on her now.

Later!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?