Wednesday, February 23, 2005

 

Project Runaway Hit

I have loved watching "Project Runway" on Bravo this year. I have grown attached to designers and have been sad to see them leave (Austin and Kevin and Nora) and others that I wasn't so sad to see go (Alexandra and Robert and Mario). But the finale is tonight!!!! There are three finalists: Jay, Kara Saun, and Wendy.

I love Jay's work. Kara Saun is always top notch. And everyone hates Wendy. Except me. Well, I wouldn't like her much if I was in this competition with her most likely. And things are severely edited for television, so I don't know her or what any of them are really like. But to slam her for WANTING to win???? All the others are so like, 'it's all in the design' or 'never compromise your art'. And yes, they may all truly believe that and live by it. Wendy, like Richard Hatch, knows one thing .... she does want to win. I can respect that, if nothing else. Austin was the last designer to be kicked off the runway, so to speak. And yes, I adored Austin and his work. But what the judges said made perfect sense, he never listened! He was off in his own little beautiful (often gorgeous) world and some of his designs were impractical for the assignment of the week (Post Office uniform comes to mind). Wendy's post office outfit was far uglier, but also far more practical. However, Kara Saun won that assignment and most rightfully so. So, to all three ... have fun and I like you all.

American Idol (do I watch to much t.v.? is that even in question???). Last night was the ladies. I loved Vonzell, Carrie, Nadia, and Aloha. I have only one complaint about Aloha. Why is last night the first and only time we've seen/heard her sing????? I liked the other three already, Aloha just kinda snuck up on me. For shame AI editors, for shame!!!

Carrie. Sweet and powerful voice. Apparent airhead. Well, no more "apparent". I know someone who knows her and the airhead persona is not a cheap imitation of Jessica Simpson (and no, I do not watch her on any shows, nor Paris and Nicole. Airheads need not apply to my schedule, for the most part). She really is, well ... a sweet airhead.

Anyway. Elimination round tonight. Good thing I'm taping "Lost". Hmmmm ... Sayid!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?