Wednesday, March 23, 2005

 

Deverry Rumblings

Hey all! I'm back from visiting my grandmother in Texas, hopefully sometime in the near future there may be pictures. She's too thin, but doing well and remains quite fiesty (thank God!). Unknown to me, my cousin Trish flew in the same day I did. Then my brother drove up (down? across) from Austin on Saturday for the weekend. Then my sister Suzanne and her friend Corey came on Sunday. In between my uncle and aunt, Jimmy and Margie, were in and out. What a visit! Loved catching up with everyone and my grandmother frankly loved it all. She'll be 95 in May. Now my only concern is what to get a woman who says she doesn't want anything? For Christmas I sent her a poinsettia arrangement that she loved, and I mean LOVED. But I hate repeating myself. Any creative ideas, please send them my way!

American Idol: Carrie and Nadia - scary hair ladies. Constantine - poodle in a leather jacket ... YES! Hah! Jessica - you ROCK! Bo - ah man, I loved you as always.

Alrighty. BOOK CORNER:

I am reading Katherine Kerr's excellent Deverry series. Unfortunatly, I read a later book first - THE RED WYVERN. I was a bit lost, but ended up hooked. So I went and got the first book listed for the series on the inside cover. BUT IT'S NOT THE FIRST BOOK IN THE SERIES???? Darn publishers!!!!! Why list a book first when it's not the first book???? It wasn't even an alphabetical listing????? Dratted publlishing peoples. So now I have to try and figure out which of the many books listed actually came first. I see some internet research coming my way.

Uhm, now that I rumbled can I just add .... This series is GOOD. The going back and forth in time is confusing if you start at the end, like me, but it is addictive.

Next on my reading list: A CLASH OF THRONES series by George R.R. Martin (as recommended highly by my gamer geek brother). Don't get mad David, I'm a gamer geek too!

Then on to Raymond Feist's new one: THE EXILE'S RETURN.

******
BLOG-A-THON interview:

So far only my friend Mary at sculptedyarnshas signed up to interview. Don't let this stop you! If you'd like to be interviewed just post me a comment saying "interview me" (see yesterday's post for more information).

Mary, here are your 5 questions:

1. What theatre role would you most like to play?
2. If there was a catastrophe and you could only save 5 items from your VAST music collection, what would they be?
3. What would be your "dream" job?
4. Where in the world would you MOST like to visit?
5. What celebrity would you MOST like to interview (living or deceased)?

Have fun and God Bless!



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?