Sunday, March 13, 2005

 

If it's row 5 it's knit 1, purl 3

I am almost done. With what would be the obvious question, so I'll answer it. I found a pattern called "Wavy" on www.knitty.com and I loved the look of it. I made the scarf and gave to a co-worker for her birthday. But then came the question of the next project. I really, really, don't like repeating projects, but I did love "Wavy". I also have 7 friends (go forth and be fruitful) pregnant. Shelby is due, well today basically. They'll induce Tuesday if nothing happens. But that's off the subject, kinda. Stephanie is a good friend and co-worker and I'm making a baby blanket ... in "Wavy". I just multiplied the scarf pattern by four. I am 16 rows from binding off. This is where I wished I had a digital camera to post a picture of it. I love it. I'd do another, but by now (the equivilant of 5 "Wavy" scarves) .... I no longer have any desire to knit this pattern, even if it is lovely.

I'm also getting ready to leave on Wednesday evening. So I have to come up with a new project quickly. One I can take on my trip. Airline security - got some info from www.knitty.com, a great resourse on what I might be able to take or not. It seems it's all basically up to the screeners discretion although knitting needles (bamboo or plastic only) are NOT banned. So I won't know until I get there. The new project needs to be simple, but not boring, and travel easily. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know! Just remember, I do still have 7 pregnant friends, soon to be six (but then Tammie might be trying soon so it could go back up to 7).

Booties. I'd love to make some booties, but the idea scares me.

Well, back to work y'all!

God Bless and have a great day.

Comments:
French Market Bag (You know you want to... and I know you have the wool... )
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?