Monday, March 07, 2005

 

Shout out to DAVID!

Hi David! *waving*

To those outside the know, that is my brother (pointing over to Texas at my baby brother). Hmmm, can a brother still be called a baby at 34? YES! Yes I say!

OOOO! Great weekend y'all! Went to Raleigh Saturday with Robert, Mary, and Beep. Beep stands for B.P. which in turn stands for Butterfly Princess which in turn stands for my friend Shannon. I won't explain this unless asked.

We all went shopping! Robert and Beep headed over to a music place and Mary and I lost ourselves in the yarn store. There was a big sale and we were petting yarns, discussing felting and colors and types of needles. I ended up with 4 skeins of 100% wool of two different colors for felting, with a 5th skein of contrasting color for accent. Then I got a beautiful green in Cascade 220 (100% wool as well) with a really gorgeous varigated color that matches. These are all for felted bag projects, possibly the French Market Bag as seen at www.knitty.com in the archived patterns section. I then got some wool blend in some gold, brown, and tan colors for a project, at 1$ a skein, why not. I don't know what I'll use it in yet, but when I see the right pattern I'll be ready. Also found a gauge and size checker, 9" bamboo needles with extended cords (not circular), and size Zero addi turbos. Okay, okay. I'm not sure why or what for that I bought the **(*&)*^ size Zeros, but something will turn up!

Then we went to World Market, Borders, and Barnes and Noble. Love friends who enjoy bookstores as much as I do. Then we all went to eat at the Macaroni Grill. Fun fun!

Yesterday, I broke open a DVD set I bought on a whim. It was recommended by my friend Nate through my friend April. FRUIT BASKET. Japanese Anime. I was unsure, but willing to try. I started it last night and I laughed so friggin' hard! Love it! Simply love it. Recommend it to anyone so far. It's not a fighting or hard-science anime, no robots or space ships or pirates (for that I'd recommend OUTLAW STAR).

Oh. I did get a part in our community theatre producation of "The Miracle Worker". In my first show here I played a maid in "Angel Street", the play that the Oscar winning GASLIGHT was based on. Fun hussy role. Then in "No, No, Nanette" I played the maid Pauline. Extremely fun role that won Ruby Keeler a Tony in the 70's, very fun part. Well, guess what? I'm the maid again. This is a much smaller role, but who cares really? I got cast! The maid in the script is African American (or black, not sure what is currently correct). But no one auditioned that fit that part. The director asked around, but got no takers. I'm not sure what we're doing with the part. Instead of a freed slave, maybe a confederate widow? Not sure.

Anyway, God bless you all and have a great day!

Comments:
Teddy sez you didn't bring him any leftovers.... :( ...no coconut cake either... but he enjoyed having the house to himself when you took Mary & Robert to Raleigh all day, so he thanks you for that.
 
Um... I had Ruby Keeler's part in No No Nanette, but your part did win the lady who played her the Tony... ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?