Friday, May 20, 2005

 

Cookie Wreath!

UPDATE: Grandmother decided to have the surgery to pin her broken wrist. Then they did a bone density test, and she has none. Pins won't work, they'd have to plate her. Which requires at least an hour longer under anesthesia. And the bones are weakened so much it probably wouldn't work. So she and her doctor decided not to have the surgery. The wrist still looks bad, but scans show that it's already started to heal a little.

She loved the green plant I sent her for her 95th birthday. But my baby brother and his wife sent her a COOKIE WREATH! I've never heard of such! I want one! Cookies! That is so cool.

UPDATE #2: After working 9 days straight and looking forward to having Thursday off followed by Saturday and Sunday off .... well, late Wednesday my boss asks me if I mind working a 1/2 day Friday and coming in on Saturday. I already had plans to work at Habitat for Humanity on Saturday morning. *sigh*

So, on my day off Thursday I went to Kelly Services and put in my resume with their medical field division for the state of North Carolina.

Having to work a weekend isn't so bad, but it's getting old. I'm already working every third weekend. Plus, in August I'll be fully vested and with 5 years experience. The job market in my field right now is hot. If I can get something great and close and with a REAL salary bump, I'm gone. I'm not unhappy at work, but let's be realistic. I'm about to turn 39 and am not married, have never been married. Chances are retirement is up to me alone. I have to think about these things now. I'll pray about it, and have been. This seems to be the right path to take. We'll see.

Anyway, have a great day and God Bless!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?