Thursday, May 12, 2005

 

It's not Monday!

Yep, I couldn't think of a title and, well, the results are silly at best. It's not Monday but I can't really say I'm looking forward to Friday especially, since I have to work the weekend. But I'm not really unhappy about that. I don't like working every third weekend since they changed the schedule around and added more therapists to each Saturday and Sunday. However, the reasons (increased quality of therapy and time involved on individual patients) is a good one.

Anthony is GONE! American Idol has three left - Vonzell, Carrie and Bo. Let's discuss. Vonzell appears sweet and cute as a button. Her talent is undeniable. Carrie is also extremely talented, but appears a bit shy (insider knowledge) and sometimes doesn't seem to "connect" with the audience. Something that experience can deal with though. Then Bo. I confess, he's my favorite! He's really comfortable in front of an audience and it shows, very talented and fun to listen to and watch. Frankly, there's not a bad pick. These three are the ones I chose for my personal top three (no, not Constantine - sorry Mary). Voting just became that much harder, since I really like them all.

p.s. It's not that I didn't like Anthony, I think he's pretty good too - just not up there with the other three.

Okay. Now the bad news. My grandmother fell the other night in her home in Texas and broke her left wrist. The emergency doctor did not recommend surgery since she is 95 years old with a bad heart and fragile kidneys. However, the wrist is misaligned and would not heal straight without surgical intervention. She is not allowed pain medication beyond Tylenol secondary to the other issues. So she will just have to live with the pain and the use of only one good hand. She will have to move in with my Uncle and his new wife.

WRONG!

Genie (she doesn't like being called grandmother) is miffed at the emergency doctor and is going to her doctor and she wants the surgery. Even if she dies on the table, she refuses to be left with only one hand. She nearly kicked my Uncle and Aunt out of her house for suggesting she move. And, her bridge club she is supposed to host today - is still on. Go Genie! I worry about her having surgery, even with a local anesthesia. But it is her decision and incompetent is NOT a word to even be thought of around her. We'll just wait and see what her regular physician has to say. BTW, they renewed her driver's license two weeks ago. Brrr - scary! Not that she'll be driving with that wrist (thank goodness!)

Anyway, gotta run! Have a great day y'all!
God Bless

Comments:
go Genie! (sorry about her wrist though) Go Vonzell too... ; ) I was so busy last night I completely FORGOT the results show was even on. I'm glad it was Anthony this week.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?