Monday, June 13, 2005

 

Food, Glorious Food!

Not only is it a song from one of my favorite musicals, but it's a pretty good mantra as well.

I don't watch a lot of cooking shows, but I do enjoy a good Iron Chef battle on occasion (Japanese not American). Bobby Flay gets on my nerves a bit, but I'd love to eat just about anything he cared to make for me. Rachel Ray is not a chef (yes, Mary I know!) but I enjoy her 30 minute Meals anyway! I don't know why I get excited by cool recipes ... I almost never cook!!!!

That said, there's a new show on t.v. called "The Next Food Network Star". And I like it. These are amateur and professional cooks/chefs who want a show on Food Network. They are competing and at the end, we (ala American Idol without the controversy I hope) get to chose the ultimate winner. I don't know all the contestants names yet, but Hans rocks! He seems so knowledgeable, but really needs to let some personality show. The chick who cut her finger and is all about slimming down needs to go. Nice, but no cigar (not that she would smoke it of course!). Big hair guy is funny, but jury is out. The duo I like. Eric has personality and apparently the food chops, but is technically weak when performing in front of a camera.

We'll see. Anyway, it really looks to be fun and will be making me want to get back into the kitchen and cook. Er, maybe not. I still have left over chinese from a really REALLY good resteraunt. Not just my left overs, but April's and E's too - she doesn't do left overs. Silly girl. I only don't do left overs if it's MY cooking! Can't wait for her to read this blog and call me! Heheheheehe!

Have fun and God Bless!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?