Friday, July 01, 2005

 

Catching Up!

My apologies for taking so long to update my blog!

News from my lack-luster love life ... ran into someone I used to date while out running errands. Chatted comfortably for a few minutes and then he wondered if we could go out sometime, possibly dinner. I thought to myself, what a nice guy. Okay ... hold those horses back a moment! There was a reason we are no longer together. There were several reasons and at least two "second" chances. The fact that I even considered going out with him again is ... unsettling. Have I turned that "old maid" corner and suddenly fell into the DESPERATE catagory????? When did that happen? NO! I deny thee! I will not get a cat or two or twenty! I will not go out with J------ again! I will remain PICKY!

Okay. I have two friends (at least) trying to set me up with people. I refuse to see that in the same "desperate" catagory. That's simply friends looking out for you. And a young man in Best Buy tried to pick me up the other day. Never mind the fact that I'm probably 16 years too old for him, it was flattering. So I coulda had a date, maybe I should reconsider robbing cradles .... Hmmmm ....

WATCHING: Not watching too much on t.v. right now. I am enjoying THE CLOSER on TNT. And the DRAGONBALL Z re-runs on Cartoon Network are un-cut and un-edited. Having fun watching that while I knit. Still working on baby blankets. Almost done with the gift making process. And then it's all about me. After 8 baby gifts, I am going to make myself a felted bag or two. I deserve them!

READING: Just finished Mary Janice Davidson's UNDEAD AND UNAPPRECIATED. Excellent continuation of the series. At first I was a bit non-plussed with the new direction, with a sister of spurious origins, but kudo's to MJD. Great job. Started a new Manga, PEACH GIRL. Wasn't sure about this one, but thought I'd give it a try. Am really enjoying it so far. Still reading FRUITS BASKET. Was delighted to find out the DVD's only cover the first 8 books and there are 14 in the series. Meaning, I hope, some unanswered questions finally get resolved. Like what member of the Zodiac is Akito? What is the curse? How can it be broken? And who is the final member of the Zodiac? Just waiting to see what happens.

PLAYING: XENOSAGA I. I loved the first one and just bought the second one when I realized, I wasn't sure of the details of the story from the first one. So, I'm re-playing episode I and then will move on to the new one. Finding time is hard, and so it's slow going. But that just makes it all the better, those stolen game playing moments. *happy sigh*

TO DO LIST: Thanks to a great swap with Katmeow, I now have the ESCAFLOWNE series on DVD. When time is availabe, yeah right, I will be watching these babies!

I'm working a lot of PRN right now. Two different skilled nursing facilities. Money is good, but boy am I tired. I'm working the holiday weekend as well, including the 4th. My parents want me to visit them in North Dakota this August (they're on vacation up there until September), but I really don't know if I can get away. My very good friend will be having a baby shower in August and as one of the co-hosts, I have to be there. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Anyway, gotta get back to work!

Love and God Bless!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?