Saturday, July 23, 2005

 

Movie Service

I just recently joined Netflix movie service. You know, they send you movies in the mail and you mail them back at no charge. No late fees. I've only seen two movies so far, but my LIST of movies is soooo long! They have a really good selection of Anime and Classics as well as new releases. First I watched HOTEL RWANDA, and don't even get me started on how touching and good that movie is ... and based on a true story. Wow. And Don Cheadle, if for any reason you make it here to this blog, you deserved the Oscar, not just the nomination, cuz you rocked!

Last night I watched THE HOUSE OF FLYING DAGGERS. My interest was just starting to wane despite gorgeous cinematography and costumes when ... BOOM! Plot twist! Then another and another and oh my goodness is Takeshi Kaneshiro hot or what????? I'd seen him in THE RETURNER, but this was beyond what I expected of a former Taiwanese Pop star. Full credit and oh so veeerrrry HOT. Look him up, trust me!

I watched some of the auditions for American Idol's spin-off "So You Think You Can Dance" or somesuch title. OK. The people could dance got into the next round and had to follow choreography to move on. PLEASE people! You are narrowing the field down to those with experience in dance classes and you are unfairly getting rid of people with natural talent. You should have seen this one Indian hip-hop girl, I'd loved to have seen more. Then there was a primative jazz girl, and she passed which is good since she displayed more raw talent than the Brittany Spears look alike. I will NOT be following this show.

Finally finished Xenosaga I and moved on to Xenosaga II. Character changes. Huh. Chaos is different, Shion has been "babed" up. Ziggy and Jr. are still pretty good, but MOMO just doesn't look right anymore. The battle system takes some getting used to but isn't that bad. And I love the addition of Shion's brother, Jin. KOS-MOS is, well, still cool. I'm sorry that Caanan is an NPC, he looks fun! The game is growing on me, but the sound system is my biggest grievance. The voices sound tinny, or recorded from a distance, especially following battles. It's just not right. Ah well, I'll get through it!

Joined Weight Watchers. In the first week I've lost 3 pounds. YES! Why the sudden need? THE LION IN WINTER. Our community playhouse is doing that show this year and I adore this show!!!!! I'm too short, too round, and too young to play Eleanor. But hope springs eternal. I can't grow, but I can slim down and make-up can make me look older. Doubtful, very doubtful. But I gotta try!

Later y'all! And God Bless!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?