Tuesday, September 06, 2005

 

Chief Cheese

Well, the countdown starts. Two weeks until I start my new job. The commute is longer, thus gas prices become a concern. But the drive is a pretty straight shot down the Interstate. Not a problem.

The diet goes not as well. I avoided donuts that someone brought in this weekend, but did not exercise. All in all, it could have been worse.

ON THE NEEDLES: Almost done with my final baby blanket. Just as I thought that, my hand slipped and pulled three stitches down at least 2-3 rows. It's a lacy pattern and ... not good. I ripped about 4 rows, inserted the needles, and tinked (un-knitted) one more row to make sure that when I inserted the needles, any twisted stitches got fixed. I was able to pick the pattern back up and now I have knit beyond where that point was and it all looks good. Hurray for not panicking! Still, I hesitate to mention how "almost" done I am, just in case.

"The Closer" had their season finale last night. If you have not been watching this show, I highly recommend it the next time it comes around. Excellent scripts, characters and actors. Nicely done. "House, M.D." starts back up next Tuesday as well. Since I like to watch these shows as I knit, the baby blanket should be done in good time. I hate just to sit and watch, I have to do something.

POLITICS: You know there HAD to be a comment. Roberts for the Supreme Court. I don't care how he stands on issues. He should not be asked to judge cases out of context. All I need to know is if he can put aside his personal preferences and judge cases on their merit? Can he be fair? By all accounts, it looks good. He should be confirmed from what I have seen so far. However, to suddenly name him CHIEF Justice? He hasn't even been named to the court yet. Now THAT smacks of partisan politics. Go ahead, put him on the bench if he's a good judge. But I shake my head at the cheesy politics. Someone else needs to be named Chief.

My two cents, and in today's inflation - it ain't much!
God bless!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?