Tuesday, September 13, 2005

 

EEP! Knitting Talk

My friend, Mary, tried to show me how to use double point needles a few weeks ago. It was a disaster, and not her favorite either. So I set it aside until I finished my current project.

BABY GIFTS DONE!!!!!!

I am currently working on the knitty pattern, "Branching Out". It's a lace pattern and let me just say for the record. Safety lines RULE! Saved my proverbial buttocks from frogging the whole thing at least once. Love the pattern, but in order to make a table runner, I think I may have to move from lace weight to crochet cotton. Just unsure what size needles to try. It's an experiment. I have some left over crochet cotten in black, not the color I want for a table runner, but for a practice run, it'll work. Am also working on my "French Market Bag".

I thought once I finished all my baby gift projects, I would be free to do things for myself. Now, there are so many projects I want to work on, I'm in something of a quandry. Or at least a quagmire. It's so hard to decide! The only reason I started the "Branching Out" pattern is that I love the feel of the yarn.

Casting News!

No, this does not pertain to "casting on". I've been cast as Lenny in the upcoming community theatre production of CRIMES OF THE HEART. It's a more somber role than I've been used to of late and a deeper character than I've played all of last season. And since it had been 10 years since I'd been on stage before last season, well, I'm starting to feel "the challenge". Can I tour the emotional depths of this character and do the role justice? A little nervous over here, folks. No one at work understands. They feel that once you've been on stage once, it's no big deal to do it again.

Anyway, gotta run!

God Bless and a special SHOUT OUT to my baby sister who turned a birthday that "shall not be named" yesterday. It's not that she minds the birthday, she feels great. It's me that looks back and blanches, saying "my BABY sister is HOW old????"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?