Sunday, September 25, 2005

 

Radiator Charlie's Mortgage Lifter Tomatoes

Hey! Check out this interview about the tomatoes. It's interesting:

Radiator Charlie's Mortgage Lifter Tomatoes

In other news: Grandmother Genie refused evacuation from Houston. I offered to buy her a ticket, but she wouldn't hear of that. My brother David, and sister Suzanne also tried with no luck. She felt evacuating was "silly". She's 95 and has ridden out every storm that has come her way. Her home in Houston is not flood prone. She had water, wine, and food. What more did she need?

Turns out? Nothing.

Houston escapes the worst of Hurricane Rita. Those who evacuated were stuck in traffic for 6 hours plus and running out of gas on the highways. No gas at the stations. And then it was still so hot. One of my aunt's friends spent 9 hours at the airport waiting for a flight that got cancelled. What can I say? My granny is pretty savvy. Maybe that's why she's still doing so well. I called her on Saturday and she said, "we've had a little wind, a little rain, but it's not bad. I'm doing my laundry."

Rehearsals for CRIMES OF THE HEART are going well, but we're still in the blocking and reading phases. Too early to get a handle on how it's going to turn out. The set is going to be good from what I can tell. Pictures to follow asap.

Went to M.N.O. last night with Shelby and Marcy. That is a once yearly party in this area and stands for "Men's Night Out". It started that way, it has grown BIG around here. You have to have a ticket to get in. You can not buy these tickets, you have to KNOW someone in the know. Old families have built buildings around this farm land. At either end of the large field are two well-built stages with lights, and sound equipment and two bands. In between is like a track oval, in the middle are bathrooms and a hot-dog stand. However, no one goes to the concessions. Around the "track" are buildings, small shop-like constructions that are really well made, and are sponsered by individuals or companies for their friends and guests. Each one serves drinks and food. There are more pig cookers and barbeque pits than I have seen at tail-gate parties. There are throngs of people and they take "laps". You walk the circuit and I guarantee that you will eventually run into more people that you haven't seen in a "coon's age" than you would have thought possible.

I ran into a girl I went to college with and haven't seen for 5 years. I ran into a former boss, several co-workers, and even family. Yes, family. I saw my step-brother and his wife who live an hour away and I had no idea they would be there. This is a huge drinking party and taxi service and camping out are the way to go. But both Marcy and myself had to work today. We kept the drinking very low. Shelby was our DD, as she is still nursing.

All in all, it was a large time.

Have a great day y'all!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?