Friday, September 02, 2005

 

Watching CNN

Well folks. I have officially resigned my job and accepted a new position elsewhere. Travel time is a bit more, but everything looks really good. Life should be great. Except I spent a lot of time watching CNN.

Just a quick note before I begin RANTING that those I personnally know in Louisiana are fine. They may or may not have lost a home, but no family members or pets and are currently staying with friends in Texas.

Now on to my RANT:

1. If this had been Florida, the help would have already been there!

2. You are NOT a looter if you are only taking food, water, and baby items in order to stay alive and should NOT be shot!

3. If you are told to go someplace for shelter, there had better be shelter or at least a plan for one!

4. Food and water are NOT luxury items! (Neither is oxygen, insulin, dialysis, etc.)

5. Do not shoot or hijack rescuers only trying to evacuate the sick and helpless!

6. We did better for those in the wake of the tsunami than we have for our own!

7. If I had a bus, I'd be there. Instead I'm sending my money and my prayers and whatevever else that I can.

8. Don't tell me "help is on it's way", it should have been on it's way days ago and there already!

This is all so awful, I don't even know what to say beyond that. It's not much of a rant. But, I'm sorry, this is disgusting.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?