Saturday, November 05, 2005

 

Why am I here?

No, it's not an existential question. More like a "why in the (^*&^$ did I get up early on a Saturday morning to work PRN at the hospital despite already working all week at my regular job? Oh yeah. I like money. Money buys me things I want and even possibly need.

LIKE A NEW COMPUTER!

Yes! I am getting one soon. Probably a Dell although my friend Mary is poking me in the side at times and saying things like "Mac's are easy!" I did finally purchase a digital camera, but not having a decent computer to hook it too, pictures will have to wait a bit. I am not plugging my pristine new gadget to a shared computer.

So, I am saving up my pennies and thus I AM WORKING this morning. Dragging my sorry self out of a nice warm bed and in to work.

Catch Up:

Grandmother is falling and has everyone worried. My Uncles have both been visiting her in Houston a lot. My brother is flying down next week. I went earlier this year and having switched jobs, do not yet have the time available. I have spoken with her though and she tries so hard to get us to stop worrying about her, but it's hard. She's 95 and her mind is still sharper than mine, but her body is starting to let her down.

My friend Tammie just lost her grandmother this last week. I know it's coming for us, but it's still going to be such a shock when Genie goes. She's always been such a part of our lives.

The show is over and I am enjoying the free time! At least until the next production. The next show is THE WIZARD OF OZ and it will be the first show of our brand spanking-new theatre. I am not a singer. I have no atoms of singing ability within my make-up. But I will be trying out for the show. I don't care if I have to play the evil sister's feet sticking out from below the house. Heck, I'd even play the house. I want to be on-stage for this one!

On the needles: Lovely pastel lavendar baby blanket with a feather/crown and cable motif. Pictures will be taken and posted.

On the Playstation2: DDR MAX work out mode. 30 minutes of dancing three times a week. That's exercise right???? YES! Yes it is by golly, by gum! But no one can ever SEE me do this workout. No one. Ever. Ever, ever. Seriously.

Also on the Playstation2: ARC THE LAD. RPG game I am currently enjoying. Fun. Graphics are pretty good too. When I'm done I'll more than likely be getting the sequal.

READING: Alexander McCAll Smith's series about the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. Fantastic, gentle reads with a lot of human insight. Love them. I'm getting ready to start the fourth book.

Later all!
God Bless

Comments:
*whispers: don't listen to Mary, get the Dell*

Ahem. Teh baby blanket sounds lovely, looking forward to the pix! Reading about your workout is helping to motivate me. ARe you using a tape for dancing, or do you go somewhere?
 
Ordering the Dell today. (have you SEEN the prices on Macs???). The workout is fun, and it is through my Playstation2, it's a game but has a workout mode. It's a blast! I just bought ankle weights too.

HI MARGOT! *waving happily*
 
BTW, Margot. I've been keeping up with your Blog too but have been unable to leave comments. Mary hasn't been able to do so either. Just don't want you to think we're ignoring you way down here in North Carolina.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?