Tuesday, December 06, 2005

 

Mixed Feelings

I have mixed feelings right now. Last night I attended the memorial service of a woman I loved and respected, my "aunt" Bonnie. Bonnie never knew a stranger and was a wonder of generousity. I'm not talking monetarily though. Bonnie had the most generous spirit I have ever met out side of fiction. She was also Beverly's sister. For those who may not recall, Bev was my best friend's mother who passed away suddenly less than 4 months ago. Bonnie also went suddenly and unexpectedly. The family and extended family are reeling, less than 2 weeks following the birth of her second grandchild (her daughter's first).

And as sad as all this is, my feelings are mixed since I know her to be safe and in a better place. No, it's not a cliche. To Bonnie it was reality itself. She was so loving and full of faith that it's hard to feel sad for too long. I miss her though.

Before all this happened, I was at home visiting with my mom and step-dad. Putting up the Christmas decorations:

BIG Santa!

My step-dad tends to get ... over-zealous at times? He once had a nice inflatible Santa and it got stolen. He called the cops. They asked him to describe his missing property. He barked out, "It's Santa!" And they asked if there were any discriminating features. At that point I was rolling on the floor in laughter. Soooo. He went out and got nearly double the size for his "new" Santa. It didn't get stolen. Instead someone mean threw condiment packages all over him and ripped him. Poor Santa has been stitched so many times he might as well be Frankenstein. But, he's up for 2005! It was a struggle and at times there were moments of despair wherein Santa nearly went in the trash, but he made it through! We'll see if he lasts the season ....

Now. I have many good qualities, but great housekeeping is not one of them. After two years in my little home I decided it needed a thorough cleaning and hired someone to do a real good job. She was someone I knew through work who did extra housecleaning on the side. She was reasonably priced (almost too much so) and did an extraordinary job. But ....

I collect action figures. You know TOYS. And she gamely cleaned them and treated them gently. However, it wasn't until later that I realized that something just wasn't quite ... right. Here is how I found poor Selphie from FFVIII:

Can't breathe ...

and this is how she is supposed to be seen:

Ahhh, that's better!

The nunchakus (the weapon) are so not supposed to be hanging from the poor girl's throat! Actually the fighting stance isn't quite right either, but they won't stay in her hands in any other position, ah well.

Later y'all and God Bless

Comments:
Ouch thats got to hurt the neck! My friends usually leave my transformers half transformed somewhere. Neat Blog, I'm Batman on the quiz.
 
Sorry to hear about Aunt Bonnie.

On a lighter note, it's fun to see pix on your blog at long last.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?