Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 

... in Death

Okay. See, I was innocently minding my own business at work one day while my boss cleaned out a shelf in her office. She tosses out a book and asks if anyone wanted to read it. Now, I love to read and I recognize the name of the author, J.D. Robb as being a pen name for Nora Roberts. I don't read a lot of Roberts, I don't love everything she's ever written but I had read the first book of her mystery series with the detective Eve Dallas and this was that same book. I had petered out of the series a couple of books into it and didn't want to pick it up again. But, what the heck. I picked it up ... and got hooked.

I have now read:

Naked in Death
Glory in Death
Immortal in Death
Rapture in Death
Ceremony in Death
Vengeance in Death
Holiday in Death
Midnight in Death
Conspiracy in Death
Loyalty in Death
Witness in Death
Judgement in Death


and am working on Betrayal in Death and am upset because the local Books A Million doesn't have Seduction in Death on the shelf. I could order it, but I feel like a junkie ... I DON'T WANNA WAIT! See, there's this secondary storyline with Peabody and McNab that took an interesting turn and ..... and it looks like I will be hitting the local library tomorrow.

Geek. That's me.

And to prove it? I'm currently playing my best friend's xbox game FABLES. And am trying to find time to watch the full set of Ninja Scrolls.

Total Geek. But since I revel in my geek-dom, it's all good.

American Idol starts tonight. Not sure I'm watching this season. Maybe. Survivor is starting in February. Not sure about that one either. I'll at least watch the first episode to see if I might like them.

Haven't knit much lately and that bums me. Horrible audition for "The Wizard of Oz" and didn't get cast. Not so bummed about that. Maybe a little, but not much. My friend Mary made it though (Cat, Michael, Sandy, Beep, Jim, Steve and Shannon also made it). There wasn't really a part for me in the show. I am not a singer. At all. Really. I'm just waiting for the next few shows. We'll see. I did get to play Lenny in "Crimes of the Heart" and it wasn't a minor role, so I got no room to be bummed. But it would have been fun being in the show with my friends. I guess that's what I'll miss the most. Might try and do some tech work. We'll see.

Later y'all
God Bless

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?