Monday, January 30, 2006

 

Kyo Rocks!

Alright. For those who may not be aware, I have entered into Knitty's new secret pal round (#6). I can not speak of my downstream pal, cuz well, I don't want her to know who I am until the very end.

Now a few words about my upstream pal. I LOVE HER! I have no clue who she is, but she chose Kyo as her avatar and is already teasing me with asian themed e-cards and the like. If this is an indication of things to come, I may implode with curiousity before the end of the round!

On another note, I'm trying something new - I used soy flour (and 1/2 a cup of regular flour) in my bread machine. I used the whole wheat setting - why that setting you may ask? Why not? I wasn't sure and made a guess. It's cooling now. It didn't rise real high, but I expected that. I'm hoping it's good. There's no sugar per se, but I used honey and molasses instead. I have NO unearthly idea how this will turn out.

Unearthly? Hmmm, must be a theme. I watched WAR OF THE WORLDS tonight. Cool. Not too shabby. Still not a big Cruise fan, especially recently, but not bad. Not great either, but not a waste of time.

I meant to come home and clean my house from top to bottom today. Well, I scrubbed the bathroom sink, washed dishes, washed sheets, boiled some eggs, and ... uhm ... and chatted with my landlord. There are simply NO short conversations with Chuck. He's a great guy and I absolutely love him and his wife. But there is a time/space anomaly that happens every time he/she/or both and I have any kind of conversation. It just takes way too long. That's no excuse though, I had plenty of time. But I no longer felt the urge to clean. Hey, at least the kitchen's clean and fresh bread awaits - if it's any good.

Anyway, my secret pal rocks and I am so excited. On the other side of that, I've been shopping for my downstream pal and I'm very excited about some of the things I have planned. Can't wait to give or receive.

Ta and God Bless!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?