Monday, February 13, 2006

 

I lurve my SP!

Hello there!

Just returned from a weekend with friends, including a party for my friend Dana who just retired from the Air Force. And just an added note ... I met Dana and his wife and children a few years ago through mutual friends. We were all shocked to learn that though we all live in NC, Dana and I attended rival high schools in the same town in Missouri, and only graduated two years apart! He's older btw. :) How small a world is it?

But, just to continue, when I got home there was a box on my doorstep from my Secret Pal 6 who is quickly moving into LEGENDARY status. She sent me chocolate fortune cookies, three bags of different flavor hot cocoa mixes, a book by J.D. Robb that I didn't have yet ... and .... AND .... Knit Picks "Shimmer" (70% baby alpaca, 30% silk) in this absolutely GORGEOUS colorway and it's sooooo soft! She also decided to challenge me, sending along a lace pattern called "Elizabeth I". I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! Thank you Secret Pal of Legend!

Oh yes, and there was a card. With a frog. I collect frogs, but don't tell people so much as I'm picky about my frogs. She nailed it. It's adorable! And here was the inside poem:

"May your frogging days be over.
May you never drop a stitch.
May you have your fill of fiber.
May it never make you itch."


Now, how perfect was that? And hereeeeeeee are the pictures!

Ooooooooooo

A bit above me, but I love a challenge!

Isn't it boooootiful!

Froggy!

Oh, and the back of the card reads "The Pickle Factory". Any possible relation to Miss Pickle? I wonder .....................

And just for fun, here is a picture of Dana's medal display and retirement cake:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Oh, and I'm a certified Olympic-aholic. Sports I never watch I can't get enough of every 4 years. Gotta run ... Team USA is facing off against Finland in curling ....

I am NOT kidding.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?