Monday, February 20, 2006

 

Whatever Lola Wants

Hi, my name is now Lola.

As some know, and as some are about to learn, I am an Occupational Therapy Assistant. I sometimes work PRN (extra) at a local nursing home. There is this sweet little woman there that I met today. She is 103 years old and she grabbed my hands and wouldn't let go. Apparently she knows my mama and my grandmama and I am so beautiful, and have a lovely name, and my grandmama put up with a "drinking man" but did what she had to do and raised a lovely family.

Do I have to explain that this little farming community woman has never met my mother or grandmother and my name is not Lola? But we had a lovely time chatting and she is truly a sweet, wonderful little woman.

So as far as I am concerned, you may now call me Lola.

By the way, when I got in the car and turned on the Broadway station on my radio the song that came on was Gwen Verndon singing "Whatever Lola Wants" from the DAMN YANKEES show. And no, I wasn't cursing, that's the name of the show.

Ta for now, God Bless,

Lola

Comments:
That is too funny! I think that anyone who gets to 103 can call me anything she wants.

The song on the radio is a kicker though.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?