Thursday, March 02, 2006

 

Sing, Sing a Song

My friend Mary and I both like music a lot. She is by far the better singer, since she's really good and I really, really suck at it. No, I'm not being down on myself, that's just the way it is. Lola can't sing.

We both watch American Idol. From there we differ greatly.

She liked Constantine. I didn't.
I loved Bo Bice. She didn't.

She (so far and on limited exposure due to her busy schedule), doesn't like Sway.
Neither do I.

She likes Ace. I think he's something of a pretty boy with an ok voice.
She hates Bucky.

Okay now ... what to say about Bucky. In my OPINION ... and I speak for no one else. Bucky is not the best to look at, he's rough, unpolished, and oh so very country. Not slick country, backwoods country. Not really my style of anything.

So why do I like him so much? I can't tell you. He has endeared himself to me and I really, really, do love the tone of his rough vocals. He's no pretty boy, that's for certain, but he's ... my underdog for this season. I like Bucky. Go figure.

However, Bucky isn't my choice as the top winner.

Chris Daughtery is ... fantastic. I like his voice, his style, and how he has presented himself and his family.

Last year I was all about the Southern Rocker. But ... stranger than strange, this year I might actually like country.

Country with an edge. Not Big and Rich (ugh). Country mixed with Incubus, Joe Cocker, and Lynard Skynard.

Bucky and Chris, you have my vote. Although ....there is Taylor, who is as blusey as they come. As for the girls, it's Mandissa and Kelly. Paris is falling a bit behind.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?