Monday, March 27, 2006

 

A waiting game

First of all, here's to my mum's alma mater the Texas Longhorns. Sorry to see you bow out of the tourney, but you made a good run. And National Champs in Baseball and Football is beyond wonderful, the troika sweep would have been grand, but is not to be this year.

On that note, Dance on George Mason, Dance on ......

Right now folks, I'm in a waiting pattern. I'm waiting to hear from the hospital to see if they have agreed to bring up my PRN rate to the local average. I asked about a month ago and have heard nothing. I'm scheduled to work this weekend. If I don't hear soon, this will be my last weekend for them.

I'm waiting for DANSE MACABRE from Laurell K. Hamilton, I'm waiting for Jennifer Crusie's new book in April, and several others including Angela Knight. On the plus side, while visiting my mother I got to visit an ACTUAL bookstore (not the local Books a None we got here) and found that one of my fave authors has a new book out. It's called SEBASTIAN and it's by Anne Bishop who wrote the Black Jewel books from whence my blog got it's name. I wasn't pulled into her fey series, just couldn't get into it, but I'm going to try this new one ... yeah and yippee!

And I'm waiting to find out when my tour leaves for overseas. We were supposed to find out Sunday, but they say they'll let us know this week. It could be on the suggested day or four days prior or four days past that date. This is very important information. No, not for work ... Phffft. No, for THEATRE. The next show, THE GLASS MENAGERIE auditions the 4th and 5th and whether or not I can even audition depends on my travel dates!!!!!! If we leave as suggested or later, I'm cool. But three to four days prior, I can't do this show as those include a performance date.

Now, Tennessee Williams is not my favorite playwrite nor is this by any stretch a play I love or anything. But it is a very dramatic role and I wouldn't mind being a part of it all. I'd love to play Amanda, but who knows. I might not even get cast, which would make it all a moot point. I didn't get a role in THE WIZARD OF OZ, which might have been good considering all the extra time and late nights they put in (and all the kiddos backstage). Everyone I've spoken with who was in it loved it, but is totally exhausted. Maybe this means they won't audition for the next one and I'll have a better chance .... nah. There's a few others who weren't in this show either who will probably audition. I just need to know those dates!!!!

Oh, highly recommend the memoir called THE PRIZE WINNER OF DEFIANCE, OHIO: HOW MY MOTHER RAISED 10 KIDS ON 25 WORDS OR LESS. Lovely read and they made a movie of it as well, which was done well.

Gotta run! Later and God Bless,
Lola

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?