Monday, April 10, 2006

 

Baby Bits

Okay, let's play catch-up. I went out of town for the weekend to visit with my friends and their baby. I went on and auditioned for THE GLASS MENAGERIE and the question of whether or not to audition cuz of my schedule turned moot when I didn't get cast. I'd be more upset if the woman who got the role I wanted wasn't a friend and perfect for the part. Can't help but be a bit let down, I suppose, but it's all good. Easter is coming up fast and my cards are already out and mailed, and in some cases, already delivered. Still have to mail out my final Secret Pal 6 box though! I still have to pick up a few small things to put in that last box. Then I let her know who I am!

Now, a while back my friend April and I took baby Trey to have some Spring/Easter pictures taken with his cousins. Four children under 8 months! While there, I saw a framed set of pictures called "baby bits". What the photographer does is take several black and white photos of baby parts ... a foot, a hand, etc.

I thought .... I could do that! In the end both April and I were very pleased with the results and it's all framed and ready to hang. Here are some samples of bits of Trey (there were 12 in all, but here are a few):

His wittle foot!

His wittle ear!

Back o' Trey!

His wittle hand!

And I've got to say, this was not a necessarily easy project. He moves out of shots, he moves too quickly to adjust focus after the picture has been snapped, etc. etc. Anyway, here is the shot that went in the center of all those "bits":

He was trying to grab the camera!

Later y'all! God Bless.
Lola

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?