Sunday, April 30, 2006

 

Dirt Track

Uhm, it's been awhile and for that, Lola apologizes. This is my first weekend at home when I don't have to work in ... quite a while. From here on out in May it only gets worse. I work two of the weekends, one of them I'm out of town for a conference, one I'm visiting friends, and then I'm out of the country for 8 days.

No complaints, just .... oh my.

In the meantime, my car started making "funny" motions. NOT GOOD. I feel blessed because I talked to a speech therapist whose brother-in-law has an auto body shop and she called him to ask for a recommendation on a good mechanic. The place he sent me ... I nearly cried. They were so nice, they didn't try to sell me up on things, and it was done quickly and right and I was out of there for nearly half of what I thought it might cost me. I have a mechanic I trust. It's like winning the Oscar, only harder to do.

Was supposed to go with my friends Shelby and Lee to a dirt track race this weekend. Local stuff. I've never been to a race, but Shelby's grown up with it as her father is in that field. Anyway, she thought the cover would be around $5, but it turned out to be $15. We had their baby, Harper, with us and we weren't sure that we could stay cuz we did not know how the noise would effect her mood. We did not want to pay $45 dollars just to turn around in 10-15 minutes and go back home. So we went out to eat instead. I think I preferred the banana split to the dirt track, but not yet having seen a race, who can say? Mmmm banana split ..... :0

My downstream Secret Pal for round 6 now knows who I am and I'm so glad she enjoyed being spoiled by moi! I had a great time. HOWEVER, I am still waiting to find out who my upstream pal is and I have to say .... I WANT TO KNOW! She has done such a great job of spoiling me. I so want to know who she is, but the anticipation is fun too.

Love all and God Bless
Lola

Comments:
Miss Lola!

Yep, I travel a lot. I have friends all over too. So was I just visiting Ohio? Hmmmm.... You won't be in suspense too much longer - promise!

As always,
Your SP
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?