Monday, May 01, 2006

 

Bamfoozled!

Okay, fine ... get this: My Secret Pal (6) has been sending me things from Toledo, Ohio. Today, I got a card from (drumroll) London, England. Now, this could mean she mailed it to a friend in the UK to mail to me, as I have done for other friends to their SP's. It could mean she's travelling. It could mean the wool (mmmm Merino!) has been completely pulled over my eyes. Who knows???? Well, she does and I DON'T!!!!!!!! She said there were "clues" on the envelope. There was a "c'est moi", the word Amelia in the address, and ... and ... I feel like I'm trying to figure out the plot of LOST.

She has bewilderized, bamfoozled, confoundled, spanoodled, and otherwise confuzzled me. I NEED TO KNOW WHO SHE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i love it)

Okay, my sister (HEY Suzanne!) has berated me a bit for not keeping up with movies and books I might be enjoying.

Well, I read the murder mystery my SP sent me and it was a lot of fun. NEEDLED TO DEATH by Maggie Sefton.

Am re-reading the Black Jewels trilogy by Anne Bishop from which this Blog gets it's title.

Am reading THE SHINING by King for the first time. Yep, that's the first time. I've seen the movie and the mini-series and having loved THE STAND, but not read anything else by him, am trying it. I only read it during lunch, so it's slow going, but I am NOT reading this before going to bed at night. Nope.

Movies:

CAPOTE - Excellent. Hoffman (PS not D) was superb and well deserving of all the accolades. Never once looked at his performance and saw anything but Truman Capote. Nice writing too, didn't condone his actions, just showed them. It tells me a lot about why he was the way he was on the talk show circuit later in life.

MONSTER - Okay, this one I had trouble with. However Charlize Theron also deserved her merits for this film. Sad but good. Harsh to watch at times. Good film, won't be seeing it again for a while.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - The Miniseries. Okay people. I am a fan of the original and Dirk Benedict, well ... (sighing happily). I hated this when it first came out. Starbuck as a girl? Boomer as a Cylon? Cylons looking human? Come on! Bah. But the series has been getting great reviews and my brother bought season 1 and brought it to me to share. Well, I watched the miniseries again, this time without prejudgement, since I already hated it once right? It was ... decent. It was actually kinda good. Okay. I'll watch the rest of the discs. Okay, I'm looking forward to it actually. Never make me say it again. However, Dirk Benedict still rocks as Starbuck.

Now, for pictures:

The brother who lent me Battlestar Gallactica I've already put a picture up of him in an earlier post (Thanksgiving I think). But he had his face covered, so this is a better pix:

Ahhhhh

And here is a picture of a wool and mohair mixture (pre-felting) that I'm not sure what I'm going to do with yet. It's a swatch to practice felting with, but it's not speaking to me. I love the colors though.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?