Saturday, May 27, 2006

 

Blackout!

Well, well ... lots going on.

The show started last weekend and continues through this weekend. The local critic for a small town newspaper gave us a really good write up. I wouldn't call it a review, but it was still very nice and had some very nice things to say about the cast.

The trip is looming and lots to be done, or so it feels. Actually most everything except some small things are all done, it just FEELS like I have a ton to do, or should. Why is that? I pack up Sunday after we strike the show, go to work on Monday (suffer through work on Monday with Carla having a short day) and then head to my parents to spend the night and off to Europe on Tuesday. Wow.

The kitties have tenative homes. Matilda has a definate place as soon as she is weaned. Horace would have a good home if he hadn't turned into Horror Kitty the first time I picked him up. I'm hoping he just wasn't feeling well and he does better the next time. My landlord and his wife (who love the cats) are taking care of them while I'm gone and hopefully they'll get better used to people loving on them. Wallace. Well, Wally has a possible home (two actually). If Carla and her two boys can't talk Dad into a new kitten, then another girl from work has expressed possible interest. We'll see.

Last night was a really bad storm. Bad storm. Luckily it was all over by the time I drove home from the theatre. Unfortunately, when I got home the place was dark. I had remembered that I had turned on my porch light and got nervous that maybe someone had broken in and was waiting for me (paranoid, who me?). But then realized it was probably the storm. Found the flashlight without any problem and lit some candles (then made sure the house was intruder free - it was). Now, I had to get to work by 7 am and was without an alarm clock. Fine, I'll use my cell phone - except it's charge is on LOW and I don't know if it will last. So I use what little power the phone still has to put in a wake up call with my Mom, not realizing if the cell phone dies - so does the call. Then I turned on the alarm on the phone and plugged it in to charge in case the power came back on.

Good news, the power was back on by 3 am and my alarm worked just fine. Which is good, because Mom failed me and called 47 minutes late. However, I was already up and ready to go by that time so all is good.

Funny story
Secret Pal 7 round on the Knitty web site. I go shopping for my new SP using the link to her Amazon Wish List. Hmmm, she likes a lot of what I like, how strange. I order, I receive, then I realize I had ordered from my OWN wish list rather than hers. Crud. Re-order for her and keep my stuff. Oh well, at least I get a few treats out of this debacle.

Have a great day, I know I will ... it's my BIRTHDAY and I have a big decorated cookie from my friends that I found waiting for me on my desk this morning.

Lola

Comments:
Happy Birthday!

Looks like you already bought yourself the presents! At least you know that you like them. hee.
 
Have a great time on your vacation. I'll have to use the time to think up some great goodies for you. I know I'll have to be creative because what kind of things can be goodies for someone who has just gotten back from Europe?
 
Oh anything will be a treat, I'm not difficult! (much) ... (ok, don't ask my brothers about that)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?