Saturday, May 13, 2006

 

Excellence in Television????

Is there such a thing? Well, there's some that's coming close!

Dr. Who
I loved this campy, campy series years ago. Especially with 4th (?) Dr. Who, Tom Baker. Silly fun. The new Dr. Who on the sci-fi channel... ROCKS. It has the charm and silliness of the previous incarnations and yet is smartly written and the production values are great. Witness the last of the Darleks. Coolness personified.

Veronica Mars
I'm a late comer to this series. I had been getting the Jeeves and Wooster series through Netflix with the excellence of Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry, but after the first two seasons, the situations are growing too predictable to me. The first two seasons were hilarious, but the first disc of season 3 just didn't cut it for me much. I may go back and finish, who knows. But see, I had heard about this VM series and heard all sorts of good things. I knew it starred a high school PI type of person and couldn't help thinking "Nancy Drew". So I'd never watched it. But the buzz had me wondering and the first season was out on DVD, so I added it to my Netflix list. LOVED the first disc. It had me from "this can't be good."

American Idol
Nope. Still dead to me.

Definately Dead
Okay, so this isn't a t.v. show, it's a book. But it's a darn good one in a series of darn good ones by Charlaine Harris. Sookie and Quinn. Well, I like Quinn alright so far, and the twist with Bill is great ... but ... but ... I want ERIC! *sniff* Oh, and finally some explanation on Claudine. Good on you, mate. And no, that's not a reference to an Australian connection, just a turn of phrase.

Later y'all and happy Mother's Day!
Lola

Comments:
I stumbled onto Veronica Mars about 6 weeks into the first season and got totally hooked. I had heard of it, but pretty much thought Nancy Drew meets 90210, so I dismissed it. I own season one, and cannot wait for season 2 to come out. It was awesome.
 
Yeah! I'm supposed to get the second disc tomorrow. I may have to run out and just splurge on getting the whole season for myself.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?