Monday, May 08, 2006

 

Good News vs. Bad News

Ain't life strange ...

See, it was bad news last night when I was supposed to be heading for Raleigh to spend the night at my brother's place. I had a conference today at the Raleigh Airport Hilton. Well, the bad news was my brother was two hours away from his place helping my step-father with learning Quick Books. It took 6 hours longer than he thought! Okay. So, I have no key to my brother's apartment and don't want to drive and 1.5 hours to sit and wait for him, at night no less, in the rain. So, it gets later and later and I call him and tell him never mind. I'll stay an extra night with my friends and just get up extra early to make the long drive to Raleigh.

Well, the GOOD news (and bad as well) is that my car acted very, very badly this morning on the drive to Raleigh and I wasn't sure I was going to make it. Every exit I wondered if this would be the one I was stuck at on the side of the road. I prayed the whole way there and barely made it, the last hill up to the Hilton parking lot I wasn't sure I'd make it. And, I HAD TO be there this morning. I needed the education hours to renew my professional license, and I'd already paid for the seminar and trying to come up with another one by the deadline, OUCH. Why is this good news? Cuz if I'd tried to make the trip last night I most likely would have had a nervous breakdown. At night, in the pouring rain (storms!), on an unfamiliar highway, in the middle of nowhere. Yep, today was GOOD news.

And let me just say, I have to stop saying bad things about Paris Hilton for at least three months. The people at the Raleigh Airport Hilton (especially Shelton, Hugh, and Marshal) were sOOOOOOOO nice. I wasn't a guest, and they took care of me like you wouldn't believe. Even drove me to the rental place to get a car for no charge! Although, I did tip. Heck yeah I tipped.

Now, you can say they were just doing their jobs. But I gotta tell you, they all helped take away a lot of my stress. They were kind and considerate and went over and beyond (luggage, calls, wrecker service, shuttle service etc. etc.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?