Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 

Interesting

Hey, I took this quiz that I found on my friend's blog. I found it truly interesting. Here's the result for me:

You scored as Cultural Creative. Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative

75%

Idealist

63%

Postmodernist

63%

Fundamentalist

56%

Romanticist

44%

Existentialist

25%

Modernist

13%

Materialist

0%

What is Your World View? (updated)
created with QuizFarm.com


Also ... I just watched a documentary/film "Blindspot: Hitler's Secretary". It really differs from all other films I've seen. It is nothing but a monologue/interview with no interruptions by archival footage or such. It was in German and I had to read the subtitles which subtracts from the emotional connection to the lady. It didn't matter. The last part, told without cuts at all, was her recounting of the last day with Hitler at the bunker. This piece did not need all the bells and whistles to hold attention. It just is what it is and it holds you or it doesn't. I felt for her and I believed her. Here is a woman who battled depression and self-loathing for years, decades, because she "didn't know" or as she amended, "didn't want to know". She was his personal secretary and took dictation, but the military and social agenda items were not in her auspices. I won't say too much more other than it's worth watching. She tells a tale that is not romantic or heroic of a man she once considered a father figure, but whom she ended up hating. Just a side note, she never joined the nazi party.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?