Sunday, June 11, 2006

 

More pictures of London

Alright, I'd LOVE to post all my pictures from my recent travels abroad, but since there are 600+, I will try to cut it back just a bit.

On Day Three (day one was actually lost to travelling) we started out by picking up a guide and going to Windsor Castle. Beautiful! We could not take any pictures inside Windsor itself, but here are a few from that day:

Here is a statue of Queen Victoria just outside the castle. I got this lovely picture because I was late meeting the group (got left behind). They found me, it's all good.

Queen Victoria

And here is Windsor, or a part of it, it's BIG!
Windsor

More Windsor, and because the British Union Jack is flying overhead it means the Queen is not in residence. If she had been home it would have been her personal standard flying up there. Oh, and if you are in London and see a green taxi being driven that has NO license plates - that's Prince Phillip driving around. Really.

I never saw a green license-less taxi, but I did take a picture of a lamborgini from our bus. Does this make me paparazzi?????

Windsor with flag

Buckingham Palace is the Queen's official residence, but she prefers Windsor. This part of the castle was behind locked gates. Funny story to follow. Heeeee!
Still at Windsor

These are the locked gates, and those are the guards sent to relieve other guards. Only ... HE COULDN'T UNLOCK THE GATE! Apparently, they'd brought the wrong key. So they marched back (in unison of course) to get the right key. Mother, Pat and I went shopping and walked back up the hill through Norman Gate and saw the same three start back down the hill. So I stated quietly (alright, maybe not SO quietly), that I hoped that this time they had the right key. Apparently, I wasn't quiet at all and one turned and laughed and smiled. That made my morning. I know they weren't actually on guard duty at Buckingham Palace and could move and all that, but still. It was tres cool.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

More later!
Lola

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?