Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 

Secret Pal o'rama!

Well, this weekend has been both good and bad. First, I worked all day Saturday then left to spend a three day "weekend" with friends I haven't seen since I got back from Europe (I loooove saying "Europe!" forgive me). Anyway, I got sick. These are good friends, so they took care of me and we had fun anyway, we were all kind of sick together. Anyway, this morning I left their place and headed back to work, which is only a thirty minute commute from their place rather than the hour one back to my place. I left early because I was so nauseated and weak. Yuck. This was my worst feeling day.

Then I got home and my neighbor called and said he had found a package for me. He wasn't sure if this one needed refrigerating (see previous entries for story on THAT one!), so he went ahead and stuck it in his fridge just in case.

My Secret Pal has struck! And boy, she should be HURRICANE Secret Pal! How she got all of this goodness in one box is beyond me.

First thing I saw when I opened the box is this, how gorgeous is this bag? Big too!
Can you believe it???

There were these lovely, and delectable items as well. Love the bamboo DPN's! Not quite sure if the German sounding treat bag is for me or not, it has kittens on the outside ... could be a kitty treat. There is also a very lovely tape measure. I never have enough, and had just lost my last one. How did she know????
Yum!

Then, to go with the lovely bamboo DPN's is this lovely bag. Do Not Fear the Sock. I laughed so hard it hurt. And since I'm sick, it really hurts. :) But in this kit that she put together for me are instructions and her helpful comments to make it easer ... Not to mention the two skeins of LOVELY Cascade 220 in my favorite color!!!!!
Indeed!

Then there was this "mystery" bag, looks home made ...
Huh?

Someone knows me way to well. There are gifts in the bag, HOMEMADE knitted items. Three of 'em! Items to be FELTED. And even better ... INSTRUCTIONS!
3 items to felt

And as I pondered the plunder (can you tell I'm ready for the new "Pirates" movie??), I realized that there was a rather large box in my box.
More??  Wow!

I don't know who my SP7 is, but wow. WOW! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Everything was so wonderful and cool! (not just refrigerated either!)

I am going away now, to contemplate socks ....

Lola

Comments:
The package with the kitties is licorice. It is not as sweet as we are used to. The picture box is for some of your European pics. I'm so glad you like everything. Hope you feel better soon.
 
Repeat after me...

Do not fear the sock....
Do not fear the sock....
Do not fear the sock....

You can do it! :o)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?