Sunday, July 30, 2006

 

State of the Union

For those who want to know!

My time on e-harmony, well ... nothing much so far! Maybe some nice people, but nothing serious as of yet, or even really the potential for seriousness. I'm not giving up, but my hopes aren't set real high here.

Weight Watchers. This is going great! I've lost 14 pounds and maybe when I weigh in tomorrow, it'll be 15 pounds. That's my short-term goal. I've been on this diet for 2 1/2 months. My first goal was to lose 5 pounds a month, my current goal is to lose at least 15 before my next audition. That audition is August 1st and I'm almost there!

Yes, I had to train myself to eat breakfast, a meal I almost always used to skip. But this is the all important meal that gets my motabilism up and running and burning engery. I usually eat some plain oatmeal that I've added vanilla and cinnamon to, I don't like the pre-packaged flavored kind because it has too much layered sodium and other things. And I'm trying to reduce my bad cholesterol, so oatmeal ... check. If not oatmeal, then mini-wheat or corn flakes and yogurt. Something with water soluble fiber.

Snacks - Carrots are free! Free foods are my friend. Broccoli (which I love) is also free, but baby carrots are easier to tote to work and snack on between patients.

Lunch - Well, I try to keep it down for lunch, so I can have dessert after dinner. I can go to Taco Bell, Subway, or the local salad bar pretty easily. I also bring my own frozen meals from Lean Cuisine, their bowl meals aren't so bad for lunch. I follow this with some yogurt with live cultures (my favorite is the orange dreamsicle flavor), fat free of course. If at home, I can make a tomatoe and cucumber sandwich pretty easily. If this sounds like diet food to you, just remember these are my favorite sandwiches even when I was eating poorly (the only difference is instead of mayo, I toast my bread with some margerine I mixed with crushed garlic (garlic butter!). Hey, it's only 1 point per sandwich (if you get the right bread of course - I use Nature's Own Light Honey Wheat). I can also go to Sonic if I want ... a small fry is only 4 points! I use that as a treat when needed.

Dinner - I've been trying new things. I have a WW cookbook and have made the HOMEMADE BAKED ONION RINGS. I've got to tell you, they're crunchy and good and delicious. I've been to places with onion rings and sometimes they're not so good. These aren't as breaded, but they turn out crunchy every time. A diet with onion rings people, I'm doing just fine!

Baked corn on the cob that requires no butter since I rolled it in olive oil, lime juice, and seasoning before wrapping in foil and baking. This is the bomb.

Orzo with garlic and ginger veggies. Pasta! I missed pasta. I tried the low-carb, and I love a diet that lets me have bread, onion rings, and pasta. This is really good.

Fettucini with Walnut Sauce - okay, this was good the first day, but don't make enough for left overs, it doesn't re-heat real well. Next time I'll cut the recipe down by 2/3rds.

Red beans and rice - okay it comes from a box, but it's quick and easy and delicious and fits into my diet.

Dessert:

One small glass of wine is only 2 points. I don't want this all the time, but it's nice to know that I can. But if it comes down to it, it prefer:

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH SUNDAES! These are from Smart Ones in the frozen food aisle at Walmart. They are $1.88 for a box of two. They're small, but oh so good and only 3 points. I've also tried they're key lime pie and chocolate eclairs, but I have always been a cookie dough kinda girl ... hence the diet.

I've made a Raspberry and Pink Grape Fruit grenata. It's really, really good too. There are some cookie recipes that I want to try as well, but I'll wait until I've finished off the grenata first. The recipe makes a lot, but it's a frozen treat so it'll last.

The list goes on, but this is a mere sample.

And I've got to say ... onion rings!
Lola

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?