Thursday, August 24, 2006

 

Mystery Stitch Pictures

Ok, finally, as promised ... pictures of my mystery stitch! Remember, I was trying to double knit the HOOVER blanket from the knitty site. Instead, I have NOT double knit, but done something really strange. Someone's gonna post a comment and say, "ah, that's the moss stitch" or something. I know it's not moss, but what I don't know is exactly what stitch it really is, I just know what it isn't.

Extreme Close Up


Better shot of the colors

There it is, but what is it?

It's the same on both sides

Ah well, mistake it might be ... BUT I LIKE IT!

Lola

Comments:
I like it too!

Hopefully, you wrote down what you did so that the rest of us looking at it and saying "Ooh! Neat!" Can reproduce it. :D
 
It looks like mosiac. I like it a lot. Better than the original, actually.

And I agree with Trill, hope you wrote it down. Though that might be hard, since for you it's already written down in the pattern - it may be hard to describe what you did differently when you're not sure how to get the intended pattern.
 
from watching it, it looks like it is twisting yarns together somehow so it is 2 color knitting rather than double knit..I'm not going to attempt to replicate it until after I finish Hoover, just as I'm not showing you how to double knit until you're done with this.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?