Tuesday, August 08, 2006

 

Mystery Stitch

Well, see ... I was trying to knit the "Hoover" blanket from the knitty website. The pattern wasn't working out for me, couldn't get the hang of double knitting. So I called my wiser and more experienced (knitting) friend and mentor, Mary. Over the phone she gave me directions on how she double knits.

Welllll...... See now, I started knitting this blanket and I really, really liked how it was looking, but it just didn't look Right. It's a beautiful blanket, pictures to come I promise, but it ... well, truthfully, it's not double knitting.

I don't know what the stitch is or how it came about, it just is rather organic in it's mistaken nature. Mary saw it for the first time tonight. She told me it was lovely, but all wrong to be double knitted. She refuses to show me how to double knit properly until I finish this blanket, so as not to screw up this rather pretty mistake. If this stitch is out there and known to someone, I have NO clue. Usually my mistakes are frog-worthy only.

We'll see what happens,
God Bless

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?