Saturday, August 19, 2006

 

Some things are hard to do

Little story:

My good friends have a new baby. When they were trying to decorate the nursery, they attempted to put a crucifix on the wall. This crucifix was given to the father by his mother when he himself was a child.

Unfortunately, Christ had lost a nail from one of his hands and was loose. They didn't want to put it up on the wall, not wanting certain pieces to, well, fall.

The husband told the wife that it was no big deal, just put the little nail back into Christ's hand. She stopped and stared at him. Then said quietly, "I don't think I can do that." He looked at her, then at the crucifix, then back up at her. He then said, "I don't think I can do it either."

Solution? The crucifix is on a table and a new one is on the wall.

My first reaction when I heard her tell me this was that it was a fixable problem, the second reaction was ... "I'm not doing it!".

I told this story at work and 9 of 10 people said that they couldn't put a nail back into Christ's hand either. One person said they'd have no problem with it, just bring it to her. I blinked and told her, "No offense, but it would almost be worse having someone who didn't care do it than do it myself."

It's just "one of those things."

Lola

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?