Sunday, September 10, 2006

 

Are you ready?

FOOOOOOOTTBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

I had the #1 pick in my fantasy league this time around. I decided early to pick a running back for various reasons. The top three: Tomlinson, Johnson and Alexander. I went for who I perceived to be the best, Larry Johnson. The next guy took Alexander and pick number three took..... Culpepper? Huh? New time, old injuries, possible greatness, but at #3? Well, that screwed up Will with pick number four who had to switch his strategy and took Tomlinson.

Will is a newcomer to our group, and unfortunately his first year (last season) he actually won the superbowl. Now he's full of himself. I've won before, but he doesn't see me, a female, as being very bright about football. A long standing joke in our group is that I think Jake Plummer is cute and would choose a quarterback for that alone. It's a JOKE. Will later took Plummer and I groaned aloud and everyone laughed. Except Will. He took it seriously and decided to try and make a trade.

He offered me Frank Gore (very nice RB), Antonio Gates (top rated TE), Steve Smith (excellent WR), and Jake Plummer for Larry Johnson. Great talent in the offering, but consider. If I gave him Johnson he would then have Tomlinson and Johnson, two of the best rated fantasy running backs. It was all I could do not to laugh in his face. I told Andy (my draft pal with his own team and my friend) about the offer and he was shocked. Will told me not to let Andy influence my decision and that was all wrong of Andy. I had to stare at Will. Did he really think me so silly that I did not recognize a bad deal on my own? He did, he really really did.

I then offered a counter trade. I would give him Johnson for Tomlinson AND Gates. He accepted. He then told me I should have stuck with the first deal, it would have benefitted me more. Yes the players offered were nice, but not at the price of cutting my scoring potential by so much and giving him a near unsurmountable team in RB's.

He still thinks I don't know what I'm doing. And I'm smiling and praying that I beat him this year, never mind anyone else, Will must go down in flames. I don't play him this first game though, I play the new guy ... the one who chose Culpepper. Culpepper, who had 262 yards, no TD's and two interceptions in his season opener. I do not wish for any player to be hurt or not do well, but if they have a bad week ... may it be the week they play me.

Pirate Lola

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?